Just read this article: http://www.edudemic.com/2012/09/5-critical-mistakes-schools-ipads-and-correct-them/
It's made me realise that I've got to ensure all staff have a goal for using their iPad in a lesson. I'll put some of my teaching ideas down here and see if anyone would like some help with them.
- taking videos or photos for work samples and feedback to students.
- students taking photos for examples
- students taking videos for instructions on how to use/implement something
- Students making up a song/rap/dance to remember a concept/formula and videoing it
Instructions on how to use the camera are here on the staff day PDF: http://ictlinksforteachers.weebly.com/ipads.html
2. Garage Band
- Making raps/songs about concepts
- recording copyright-free backing music for videos
- recording speeches with the option of adding sound effects, backing sounds or music
- ability to change vocal quality to imitate different characters
- recording songs created by the students
3. Instructional videos
- I use Knowmia Teach http://www.knowmia.com/teachers
There is also Explain Everything http://www.explaineverything.com/
- I have been using this to make instructional videos for Music Theory. Then the students have been working at their own pace through exercises.
- Students can also make instructional videos as assessments or simply to ensure they understand a concept.
Hope these inspire!